Thursday, April 15, 2004

Getting Ready

Today was a busy day which included customizing items for our new Zodiac inflatable boat. There is one bracing bar that extends diagonally right in front of the legs of the person at the helm of this 10' dingy. We were concerned that the bar and it's bolts would scratch or irritate the boat operator. So I constructed a padded covering for the bar and also an attaching small bag that will work perfectly for our hand held VHF radio (I teased the Captain that this was his new "purse").

We again viewed the CD which contains the installation instructions for the Sea Wise davits and boat lift system. Sure are glad we had Inflatable Boat Center install all the associated hardware and pads on the inflatable. That was the most difficult part of the job. Hardest part of the task that now remains will be getting someone very small to crawl up inside the swim step to affix the backing plate and tighten the bolts/nuts on the lift pedestal. I can reach it now but do not think there is enough room for me to be effective enough to accomplish the full job. We will have to call upon our good friend, Mike Peabody. He is small in stature but enormous in heart, mechanical ability and willingness to help. What a godsend!

Tomorrow I think I will have time to finally work on our cruising clothes, making sure there are no further alterations to be made and that everything is in order. Would like to add some embroidery but am not sure I really have the time. Also have a nautical vest I would like to make but again timing is a factor so I will have to see if I get to it. Have all the financial and technical details outlined and ready for our trip. Thanks to my daughter's willingness to help out that will all go fine. Also carried my large jade plant next door today to our neighbor, Barabara Green, who is a plant person and will talk to it each day. Our neighbor on the other side, Barbara Slama, will water the out door plants as needed and feed the fish. Gee it seems like things got complicated here really fast but it will all be covered.

Enough for my first post...more as time goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home