Thursday, July 28, 2005

July 27 Drying Out in Oshkosh

Well we survived the storm I was in when I wrote my last blog entry. According to the news accounts we received in excess of 3 " of rain that evening and they had to evacuate 27 tent campers from their "soggy" sites to permanent shelters with the Red Cross providing dry blankets to get them through the night. It is said that their tents collapsed from the weight of the rain water.

There was also some collapse and damage in merchant display tents and we saw some blank spots today that marked those spots.

With that large a volume of rain, the campground "roads" which run through normally grassy fields have turned into muddy bogs. It is indeed a challenge to maneuver but thankfully we have had dry weather today to finally "set things up".

We spent most of today at the ultra-light, sport pilot plane field. We had fun checking out the newest in homebuilt, kit and prefab aircraft from the traditional ultra-lights to powered parachutes, helicopters and other rotor crafts. Quite a bit of excitement and entertainment watching the variety of craft demonstrate their flying style and technique.

Keep the sun screen flowing and we are doing great,

Linda

2 Comments:

At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your "blog" notes. Jinny and I are planning to take the trailer next year, come early, and try to visit surrounding area. Despite the storm and rain, Bill and I did enjoy our brief stay.

 
At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Linda - you weren't far from where I live. For all the years I have lived in WI, I have never gone to the EAA. All I know is it is huge and has a significant impact on this area.

Kay from MyFamily Stocker site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home