Thursday, April 22, 2004

Is it time to leave yet???

Never thought I would be this anxious to get started on an adventure!

We have been virtually "packed" for days now and just waiting for tomorrow morning to put my PT Cruiser in the garage, lock up the house and drive north with the dingy in tow. I think Gary was surprised and pleased when he saw the stack of boxes and bags in the garage was not quite the mountain he had invisioned (and feared). My secret is that most of the stuff is well compressed (don't tell) and will magically expand once I sneak it onto the boat.

Yesterday we were excited to hear by phone from our good friend Mike Bohart, captain of the 37' Nordic Tug "Sunshine". We met Mike and his wife Jan in Nanaimo two summers ago. We struck up a friendship and ended up accompanying each other to several destinations in Desolation Sound. They are into the casual style of cruising that we enjoy. No fuss and lots of relaxing. They are currently awaiting the birth of their first grandchild but it sounds like we will see them up in SE Alaska this year. It will be fun to catch up on Mike's "fish stories".

This morning I am going to a fun brunch for the members of my water aerobics class. I have made some really good friends over the past 3 months and also made some good progress in strengthening up my old body. Hope I can recognize them with clothes on!

Thinking this morning of our daughter, Cindy, who is participating in a half marathon in Vancouver on Saturday. So proud of her and the way she has taken charge of her own health and fitness. If you are curious, check out her blog at at http://cindysblog.blogspot.com

Enough ramble...

Old Bro's Old Lady here




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home