Sunday, January 15, 2006

Jan 15 San Diego KOA

Today was time for our move on down to the very nice KOA where we will meet up with the other motor homes for our trip south.

It was an interesting morning as we were not aware that they were starting a marathon run going right down the roadway along side our state park campground. When we approached the exit gate, we could see a band set up and playing music right in the middle of the intersection that we needed to exit through...Oops...the park ranger said he was not sure the police manning the intersection would even let us leave prior to the 2 pm end of the marathon. I was driving the car separate from Gary in the motorcoach so I drove on up to the intersection and luckily convinced the policeman that we needed to get through.

Once we were past that hurdle, it was pretty interesting as we had planned to just go down the road to a large parking lot and hook the car to motorhome for the 40 mile drive to San Diego. Well that was the road that was blocked. Could not discuss the situation as he had not planned communication between vehicles. I was in the lead and just pulled onto the freeway and headed south. We had discussed how we did not want to drive this separate as it would be really confusing negotiating the freeways without one of us reading maps. Well, my maps were in the motorhome and I had to "wing it" from memory. I guess there was a reason I had studied them so closely last night.

We made it and actually it worked well. We had difficulty finding the entrance to the KOA and I was able to just leave Gary parked on a side road while I drove the tracker and figured out where we needed to go.

It is so nice to finally have good internet connection again. Even had some pending dogtag business waiting for me when I signed on so I was glad to be able to do it.

This is the nicest KOA we have ever been to and actually the nicest of all parks we have been in. It is well paved but yet well landscaped. All pretty flat and level with good hookups. The coaches are close together but it does not feel that way with the beautiful trees interspersed.

Hope all is well..a little sprinkle as we drove south this am but other than that it is breezy and about 50 to 65 degrees. I am starting to understand why some people go south for the winter...still miss my beach house too.

Take care.
Linda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home